The sciatic nerve, which is the longest nerve in the human body, starts from the lower back and extends down the legs through hips and buttocks. Sciatica refers to the nerve pain from irritation or an injury to the sciatic nerve. Usually, the sciatica doctors in pune prescribe non-surgical methods such as regular exercise, hot and cold packs as treatment for sciatica. However, if the condition gets worse, where you cannot control bladder and bowel movements, surgery is recommended by the best doctor for sciatica in pune.
- “Pins and needles” like pain in your toes and legs.
- Pain that is getting worse while sitting and walking.
- Numbness or burning in your legs.
- Loss of control over bladder and bowel movements, which is an emergency situation and seeks immediate medical attention.
- An acute pain on one side.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Cauda equina syndrome.
- Tumours in lumbar spine.
- Piriformis syndrome.
- You experience severe pain after an accident.
- You lost your control over bladder and bowel movements.
- Acute swelling or pain in the spine.